Home » Topics » Religion » Why do so many people hate Christians?

Why do so many people hate Christians?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sam P. Sam P. 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David M.
    David M.
    Participant

I always thought there was something to it. Like so many people around the world hate Christians and Christianity thought it is one of the most passive belief systems there are, next to being a Buddhist. Maybe they are right about something…

I am friends with some Christians and they are very nice, loving people. Hardly ever judge and always find a reason to love.

Profile photo of Leo Henry
    Leo Henry
    Participant

Hello David,

This quote seems to sum it up for me pretty well. I’m not perfect, but he is… “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Profile photo of David M.
    David M.
    Participant

Funny your quote Gandhi. I remember reading something on him that if it was not for the people who proclaimed Christ, he would be one with their faith. So I can see why someone like him would turn away. I see a lot of people who claim love and all that but constantly bash people and judge them.

Profile photo of Matthew Thomley
    Matthew Thomley
    Participant

People hate christians for many reasons including the spirit of antichrist, past atrocities and jealousy of their joy

Profile photo of Dave Gellar
    Dave Gellar
    Participant

There was a documentary done on true passionate Christians being killed over their joy. Saying they didn’t fear death. People could not understand the lack of fear and passion, and faith they had. So I can see jealousy being a reason but every day Christians these days seem just a unhappy as everyone else when they shouldn’t be that way.

Profile photo of Sam P.
    Sam P.
    Participant

Fear. People hate out of fear. People are afraid that if they are right then they will have to face hell some day and most people don’t want to deal with that so they lash out in hate and anger. We all have fears but perfect love casts out fear. When I say that to people, more often than not, they love it but ask where it is from… I tell them the bible and I get some weird looks. I love the essence of Christianity but not how most of the people in this area act.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register